Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weekend with Aunt Emily!




Well, that about sums it up! Ok, maybe not. We did get downtown a couple of times over the weekend - we walked down the Magnificent Mile (although did not do any shopping), and we went to the Shedd Aquarium.  It was rather chilly all weekend, too. It occurs to me that Boy Friday is going to need some more stuff to bundle up in. And at some point he'll also need a slightly more portable stroller. With 2+ people, the stroller/carseat combo that we have is fine, however many El stations are NOT handicapped accessible, and thus, also not stroller accessible. And others were temporarily not accessible due to elevator failure, etc. I am glad that I didn't have to carry him the whole time we were out - that would've been exhausting. Although, probably warmer.

Aunt Emily got to see what a little screamer Boy Friday can be (and I don't mean the other day when he actually had a crying fit, which is rare for him). He doesn't USUALLY cry a lot - mainly he screams. Perhaps he's just talking... but it can be earsplitting! A couple of those nights he demonstrated how late he can stay up, also. Since she's left, though, he's been going to bed BEFORE 10 pm. Even before 9! I guess his aunt wore him out?

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

I hate to say it now but there was a point when Esme was three to four months old that she did a high-pitched babble/scream for hours on end. Mark wasn't bothered by it, but it drove me nuts. Everyone said 'she's just learning to talk' and I just wanted her to stop. Then by the time she was eight months old I couldn't get enough of cute babbling and squeals. I still don't know what was going on there!

Wishing you some good night's rests somewhere in there ;) Friday's getting very cute and still very fuzzy on top. Esme's hair is fuzzy and so fine I still can't do a thing with it.